Monday, September 15, 2008

Technology Wrap-up

At this stage of the blog, everything I have spent time on is related to technology. In summary, the major areas of technology that you need to address are:
  • Access Control
  • Surveillance
  • Panic Buttons

As you've already learned, the technology area of starting or converting a "key club" is my favorite area. Using technology to improve our quality of life is something that I have been a student of for a long time. In my world, that means using computers, software, and the internet. If you're a club owner, you do it too - offering members ellipticals for cardio, circuit equipment for strength training, and an entertainment system to keep them working out longer.

Now that I've written about so much of the technology needed to run a successful 24/7 fitness center, I'm moving on. In my next couple of posts, I'll give you some ideas about how to promote your new key club. My company has helped nearly 200 club owners convert to 24 hour access, and we've seen several very good ideas related to getting the word out - which I'll share with you in October.

No comments: